Grab the opportunity for potential business collaboration with Malaysia’s leading property developer!
UEM Sunrise is calling all PropTech startups for a pitching session on ”Using Tech and Innovation to Improve Malaysians’ Homeownership”. 8 companies will vie for business opportunities with them by making an 8-minute pitch to the experienced panel of judges from within the property industry. 1 winner will be selected for opportunity to work with UEM Sunrise on Proof of Concept (POC)
Solving the Homeownership Issue in Malaysia
There has been much discussion on the adequacy of current affordable housing supply and crucially, the lack of homeownership in Malaysia. Property developers have been churning out houses at a healthy rate over the years, more than keeping pace with population growth. Yet, we continue to hear and read of people wanting to buy a house and not able to do so. With the right set of technology and innovative solutions, we may able to address the issue and solve the homeownership problem.
- Wednesday, 19th June 2019, 2:30PM – 6:00PM
- Location: Wotso Workspace
Mercu Summer Suites, Level 2, No 8, Jalan Cendana, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur
- The 8 startup finalists will be allocated 8 minutes each – a 5-minute pitch followed by a 3-minute Q&A from the judges
- Malaysian owned / Malaysian based startups with Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Use technology and innovation to address and solve the specified challenges
- No restriction on the amount of capital raised
- Pitch Deck includes:
- The solution to the problem, technology used, business model, product traction (if any), funding status and team members
- Application deadline is Wednesday, 12th June 2019. Announcement of finalist is on 14th June 2019
- 8 startups will be selected for the final pitch on 19th June 2019, in which 4 startups are selected from the Malaysia Tech Week delegates, and another 4 startups are from the public submission
- 1 Winner will be selected by the panel of judges for opportunity to work with UEM Sunrise on Proof of Concept (POC) *Terms and conditions apply.